I was introduced to corn casserole some years ago, and made it once for my family. Brett was okay with it, but not that thrilled. Since it makes quite a bit, I haven't made it since. However, I had it in Utah while staying with my sister-in-law and was reminded how much I enjoyed it. It's a great comfort food.
I made it again for a combined family dinner the Sunday I came back. The boys liked it and Brett really seemed to like it better this time as well. However, it isn't nearly as good leftover. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to make a half-recipe, so I probably reserve it for bigger gatherings.
My sister-in-law's recipe was a little different. Hers didn't call for sour cream. But the end result is pretty much the same.
Corn Casserole
Source: People's First Community Bank (a collaborative cookbook)
1 stick butter or margarine
1 can sweet corn
1 can creamed corn
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 8 oz. sour cream
2 eggs
Spray 9"x13" casserole dish with cooking spray. Mix all ingredients together. Pour into backing dish. Bake 30 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Friday, July 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment