I was introduced to this "secret combination" appetizer (so named by Ryan) by my sister-in-law Donna a few years ago. I have been hooked ever since. It is so easy to put together and adds some variety to a party spread.
I can not say that I am a huge fan of pickles. I like them in small quantities from time to time. And, I am not much of an olive fan at all. I am a big, big fan of cheese. But when you eat those three ingredients together, you get a combined taste that is better than the ingredients alone (with the possible exception of the cheese).
Donna put them in a neat little package on a toothpick. However, I have found that I am just as satisfied putting them in a small divided serving bowl for people to put together themselves. (Less work for me.) Here's the rule: you must eat all three ingredients at the same time to get the full effect.
The pickles add sweetness. The olives add saltiness. The cheese adds creaminess. (I often add a second cube of cheese just because.)
"Secret Combination" Appetizer
Source: Donna
1 jar sweet petite pickles
1 jar green olives
1 8 oz. package sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
Pop one petite pickle, one green olive, and one cheese cube in your mouth at the same time. Chew, swallow, and repeat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment