Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Vegetable Dip (a.k.a. Veggie Dip)

I love this dip. It is one that my family served at all the major holidays. If no one else in my current family wants it, I will make it for myself and have no problems finishing it off over the course of just a few days. Mmmm!

I change the recipe just a little. I like to add an extra stalk of celery and an extra carrot (or 2, if they are small). Because of the moisture that adds, I find that I don't need to add any milk. I also usually omit the bell pepper, because I'm not a big fan.

1 8-ounce package cream cheese
1/4 cup milk
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 carrot
1 stalk celery, minced
1/2 green bell pepper, minced
1 green onion, chopped

Use food processor to grate cheddar cheese; set aside. Use food processor to finely chop carrot, celery, and bell pepper; set aside. Add cream cheese and milk to food processor fitted with a blade; blend until smooth. Add cheddar cheese, vegetables, and green onion to cream cheese mixture. Pulse until combined. Serve with crackers and veggie sticks.

Becca's revised instructions:
1. Use the food processor grate carrots and celery. Remove from bowl.
2. Use the food processor to grate the cheese. Remove from bowl.
3. Use the food processor to smooth cream cheese.
4. Add cheddar to cream cheese and blend.
5. Add carrots and celery and blend.
6. Check consistency of mixture. With the added vegetables, it should be thin enough scoop onto a cracker, but not so thin that it can be poured. If you did not add extra vegetable and feel it is too thick to scoop with a cracker, add milk, one tablespoon at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
7. Add chopped green onions and pulse until just combined.

No comments: