This year, after being out-of-town for a week, I hosted a last-minute Easter dinner for our family of three (missing our college boy), my sister, and my sister-in-law. Not a big crowd, but just about perfect.
Sometimes we will do an outdoor meal or picnic of some kind. But Publix had prime rib on sale for 50% off, so that inspired this meal. It all came together quickly and it was tasty!
Prime Rib (thank you to Brett for prepping and cooking it)
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
Carrots
Sweet potato casserole (an inspired idea by Brett to use up the sweet potatoes in the pantry)
Deviled Eggs
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Pie (This was another attempt to clean out the pantry--I'm glad it's gone. It was a box mix that was given to me. Not terrible, but I wasn't crazy about it. Would much prefer something made from scratch.)
Sweet potato casserole (an inspired idea by Brett to use up the sweet potatoes in the pantry)
Deviled Eggs
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Pie (This was another attempt to clean out the pantry--I'm glad it's gone. It was a box mix that was given to me. Not terrible, but I wasn't crazy about it. Would much prefer something made from scratch.)
We missed making our resurrection rolls Easter morning (church started too early), but I am now looking forward to making them when our college boy returns home next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment