
[Wow! A photo! I love recipes with photos. I wish all recipes included a photo. Of course, this is a double standard, because I never include photos with mine. It's too much stress to try to take a good photo, then to upload the photos and copy them to the blog--I'd never get anything done if I set those expectations for myself. I just happened to take a photo of the food at our Christmas Eve celebration--not that it looks that appetizing, but you get the idea.]
Our Christmas Eve menu included:
Shrimp cocktail (thanks, Marianne!)
Pigs-in-a-blanket, served with mustard
Havarti with Dill, cheddar, and salami slices [I've decided I'm not a big Havarti with Dill fan--too mild.]
Multi-Grain Club crackers [This box of crackers just about disintigrated. It would be better off as panko. I have bought them before and never had a problem. I was disappointed that the whole box was a mess.]
Multi-Grain Wheat Thins Toasted Chips [I love serving dips with these crackers.]
Homemade rolls (thanks, Jen!)
Grapes, apples, carrots, grape tomatoes, cucumber slices
Peppercorn Ranch salad dressing
Pecan puffets (frosted and plain) [I think these are officially my all-time favorite cookie. My dad's favorite, too. Frosted and with the top pecan, of course.]
Child-decorated gingerbread men, loaded with leftover Halloween candy (storebought from Food World)
Lemon and vanilla cream cakes (from Food World)
[I can't believe that I forgot to take the egg nog out of the fridge!]
1 comment:
I wish we were "real" family so I could be invited to your Christmas Eve festivities! It sure beats sitting at home without my kids - but hopefully I won't ever have to do that again!
Post a Comment