Monday, April 13, 2009

Leftovers and The Overflowing Fridge

Every time I open my refrigerator I lose my mind. It hasn't been this full in a while. It is overwhelming.

We had two Easter family dinners (one Saturday and one Sunday); I helped make food for both. I have leftovers from the two dinners--a little bit of everything. I went to the grocery store (more than once) to get ready for the weekend festivities. I now have way too much produce in addition to all of the leftovers. Despite my trips to grocery store, I still managed to run out of eggs Saturday night. Sure, we had about seven boiled and dyed Easter eggs in there, but little good that did me. I had to run over and grab three eggs from Donna's fridge at 7:00 Sunday morning to make the dough for my Romanian Nut Roll. I swear I just had two dozen eggs in my fridge a few days ago.

And, what do I see there? A turkey magazine?!? Just what the fridge needs. I was going to blame Ryan, since he's the one who pulled it out of the trash can this morning. But he tells me that Todd had the magazine last. Evidently, Todd felt like the fridge was a good hiding place for it.

Yikes. Even looking at the photo overwhelms me. I need to clean it out. What shall I start with? . . . Yes, yes. I know--the cheesecake. Let me go find a fork and get to work!

No comments: