Friday, May 4, 2012

Kale Chips

I bought a bunch of kale to put in my lentil soup. I didn't even put a dent in it. So I decided to jump on the Kale Chips Bandwagon. I have never even eaten them before, but I kept hearing how good they were.

The recipe is pretty easy. Drizzle with olive oil; season with salt; bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes until they get crispy.

It didn't really say how much salt or oil to use. Because the kale cooks down so much, I overdid it on both counts. I think you also have to be careful to cook the kale long enough so that it gets completely crispy without burning it. I had to put mine back in for more time. I will definitely try it again and see if I can get the quantities down right. Who knew it would be so easy to eat dark, leafy greens?

No comments: