Sunday, September 16, 2012

"A Good Cook"

I have managed to avoid doing a lot of cooking for my family this week. Sunday came and I was ready to make and eat "real food". I made a made dinner and ended up with sauce on my apron. Then, Brett talked me into making an apple pie for his dad. He suggested that I make a lattice top pie crust, which I had been considering even before he mentioned it. I have never taken the time to make a lattice top before. It was not that difficult, but it looked impressive. I showed Brett my pie. He praised my work and asked, "Do you need a picture of you with your pie?" I nodded. I told Brett that I was trying to hold the pie so that it covered the tomato stain on my breast. Ryan answered, "You don't need to cover the stain. That way people can see that you're a good cook. Good cooks make messes!"

I walked away feeling doubly complimented: Brett thought I made a beautiful pie, and Ryan thinks I'm a good cook.

No comments: