Brett flipped through my collection of recipes, looking for an idea for dinner last night and found this. It was just what he was in the mood for. He really enjoyed it. The boys liked it as well. To make it really easy on myself, I bought already cut broccoli florets and crinkle carrots, as well as presliced beef. I don't keep teriyaki sauce on hand, so I just mixed some sugar and soy sauce. I added minced garlic and ginger paste to the meat. I used closer to 1/2 cup each of teriyaki and dressing to generously cover the noodles. I cooked a 16-ounce box of noodles, but only used about 2/3 of the the noodles in the recipe. We had no leftovers. Easy!
Beef Noodle Bowl
Source: Kraft Foods Magazine
8 oz. linguine, uncooked
3 cups broccoli florets
2 medium carrots, peeled, sliced (about 2 cups)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 pound beef sirloin steak, cut into strips
1/4 cup Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 teaspoon ground ginger
Cook pasta as directed on package, adding broccoli and carrots to the cooking water for the the last 2 minutes of the pasta cooking time. Drain pasta mixture.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add meat; cook until browned on all sides, stirring occasionally. Stir in dressing, teriyaki sauce and ginger; cook until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
Toss pasta and meat mixtures in large serving bowl.
Makes 4 servings, 2 cups each.
Jazz it up: For added crunch, sprinkle with 1/2 cup Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts just before serving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment