Sunday, December 27, 2020

Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning Menus

Christmas Eve Menu

Despite a chaotic month with a remodel going on--in addition to the chaotic year that it has been with Covid always in the background--I was once again able to host Christmas Eve for my in-town family. My in-laws chose to stay home this year in an attempt to limit their potential exposure to the virus, and one of my nieces was able to return home for Christmas from California. As usual, my sister was able to join us for our party. So we ended up with 8 people here for Christmas Eve. I tried not to go overboard with the menu and served what has become a fairly traditional menu for our family.

Corn Chowder

Brunswick Stew (provided by my sister-in-law, Donna)

Black Bean and Corn Salsa with tortilla chips

Grilled Kielbasa (would have been Bratwurst, but my boys couldn't find any in the grocery store)

Fresh Bread from Publix

Boursin Cheese

Cream Cheese smothered with Mixed Berry Pepper Relish

Assorted Crackers

Pistachios

Fresh Pineapple

Hershey's Chocolate Kisses and Candy Cane Kisses

Sparkling Cranberry Juice (Cran-Raspberry juice mixed with Ginger Ale)

Pecan Puffet cookies


Christmas Morning Breakfast Menu

I invited my two in-town sisters to join us for Christmas morning breakfast. I wanted to do apple turnovers for Brett, but felt that would be a little too much to prepare for all six of us. So I modified my idea and made an apple strudel. I think it was a hit! (although Brett still prefers the apple turnovers I make with the refrigerated Pillsbury crescent dough.

Apple Strudel (Puff Pastry with homemade apple filling, with simple white icing)

Breakfast Sausages

Orange Julius

Yellow Sungold Kiwifruit

Green Grapes

No comments: