Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Egg-White Omelet With Spinach and Cottage Cheese

Source: Everday Food (month? 2008)
I tried to look for the recipe online to simplify in posting it, but the recipe hasn't been added to the web site yet from what I could see.

I made this omelet for breakfast this morning with some fresh orange segments and immediately felt like I was a healthier person. I usually don't feel that way unless I have done some real exercising. The omelet is good for you and tasty! Unfortunately, the boys had no desire to try my omelet. Their omelets were plain (for Todd) and with American cheese (for Ryan).

Egg-White Omelet With Spinach and Cottage Cheese
3 large egg whites
coarse salt and ground pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup packed baby spinach
1/4 cup low-fat (1%) cottage cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan

1. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites and 1 tablespoon water; season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
2. In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add spinach, and season with salt and pepper; cook until wilted and tender, 1 minute. Add egg whites; cook until nearly set, using a flexible heat-proof spatula to pull sides of omelet toward center as uncooked egg whites run underneath, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Dollop cottage cheese on top of omelet, sprinkle with Parmesan, and season with salt and pepper. Gently slide omelet onto a serving plate, folding it over on itself by tipping skillet slightly. Serves 1

No comments: