I've decided that I am not going to limit this blog to recipes I have tried and want to try again. I am going to open it up to anything on my mind related to food. I have discovered that I enjoy talking about food, reading cookbooks, looking over recipes. I think if I had cable I would be hooked to cooking shows--it's a good thing I don't have cable.
When it comes to steak, I like to eat at Coach-N-Four. They definitely have the best steaks in town, even if they don't have the most elegant ambiance. It's been a few months since we were there. Brett took me out last night for an early birthday dinner. I ordered the petite filet and it was so tender, so delicious. I can't really tell you what else they have on their menu. We didn't spend much time looking at the menu before the waitress took our order. I knew what I wanted--I always get the filet. After she took our order I realized that I had wanted to more time to look at the menu. Not because I didn't know what to order, but simply because I wanted to look at the other foods listed. I especially felt gypped because I didn't get to drool over the desserts. Maybe next time.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mike and myself enjoy Alton Brown from the food network. He's great! We even got Dave's family hooked on his shows. I recommend checking him out if you can find him.
Trying to fuel my weakness? :)
I've heard of Alton Brown before. Maybe I can check him out sometime when visiting someone with cable. That way I won't have to worry about a long-term addiction.
Maybe... Or I can just bring the DVDs that we're collecting and one night or so in Maine we can watch them together. Besides, that's only a little over a month away.
:D
Post a Comment