In case you were starting to think that I did a lot of home cooking, let me tell you I slacked off quite a bit this weekend (including only cold cereal for breakfast yesterday morning). On Friday I took the boys to Pizza Hut to celebrate Todd's last day of school. It has been years since I have had Pizza Hut pizza, and I was pleasantly surprised. I had a coupon for a reasonably priced large pizza with one topping. They were generous with their pepperoni, and I liked the buttery flavor of their hand-tossed crust. Todd was excited that he was finally able to use his Book It! coupon for a FREE pizza (the reason we went to Pizza Hut rather than somewhere else). He thought it was great having a little pizza of his very own.
After that I took the boys to Dairy Queen. After reviewing their options for what seemed to take a very long time, they finally decided on sharing an M&M blizzard. Considering how long it took them to decide what to get, I thought they agreed very quickly on what kind of candy to add in. It has been a while since I have been to Dairy Queen, and I forgot how much I enjoyed their blizzards. It tasted so good to me that I may have to make a return trip sometime soon.
The rest of the weekend was made up of leftovers and meals that I could throw together quickly--not because I was so busy running around town; simply because I didn't feel like going to much effort. Regardless of my minimal efforts, the boys loved their dinner last night. Ryan asked me if we could have that dinner again with everything the same: the bunless hot dog served with ketchup, fresh asparagus steamed and served with butter, grape tomatoes, and toasted French bread. Who knew that it would be such a hit?!?
But while I'm on the subject of reviewing fast food, let me say that I was not pleased with something I had about two weeks ago. Brett and I were doing some shopping and stopped by Whataburger for a quick dinner. They were advertising that their lemon pies were back. I love lemony desserts, and this sounded like it would hit the spot . . . it didn't. It was so disappointing. I couldn't finish it. Remind me to never get one of those "pies" from Whataburger or any other fast food place. I think it is safe to assume that I have probably grown out of my love for the apple pies they serve at McDonald's too, which I loved as a kid.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment