This was my "green" contribution to St. Patrick's Day diner: spinach. Not very festive, but fairly easy and yummy. I asked Brett how he enjoyed dinner. He said that, unfortunately, he had to shovel it in so quickly that he didn't really get to think about it. Oh, the sadness of the baseball schedule. I had piano lessons last night, so trying to fit in dinner and baseball made things kind of crazy. I still think dinner turned out pretty well. I don't know that I would want to eat this chicken curry every month, but it's a nice change a couple of times of year.
Chicken Curry
Source: Family Fun
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon curry powder
1 can (12 to 14 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup canned diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 cups packed fresh baby spinach
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and salt. Cook until softened, about 7 minutes, stirring often. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
Stir in the coconut milk, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Cook for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
Add the chicken, stir well, and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the spinach and cook for 3 minutes or until wilted, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt. Serve over rice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment