
Do you make anything special for St. Patrick's Day? I usually try to do something fun. I never go the traditional Irish food route like corned beef and cabbage, potatoes, or Irish soda bread. Rather I go for the green. I try to incorporate as much green or shamrock-shaped food as possible.
This morning I served eggs-in-a-frame, using a shamrock-shaped cookie cutter for the hole. I served green milk, kiwi, and Granny Smith apples.
For Todd's lunch I am serving shamrock-shaped peanut butter and green marshmallow creme sandwiches. He is also getting crackers and shamrock-shaped cheese slices, cucumbers, and a green and orange gummy worm. I was going to include a cup of pear applesauce, but Todd declined.
Our after school snack will be avocados (They have to be eaten today. They are the perfect ripeness.) When Ryan asks for a yogurt today, I will be pushing the key lime flavor.
For dinner, I will be serving a spinach chicken curry with broccoli and a green salad.
What are you serving today?
No comments:
Post a Comment