My sister-in-law Amy made this for us while we stayed with her and the boys and I loved it. Later I tried using the slow cooker method, but overcooked it to the point that it was inedible. Another attempt at the slow cooker method and I decided that the stop top method was better for me. It is quick and easy and I love it with the cashews.
Apricot Chicken
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 Tablespoon water
1/2 cup apricot preserves
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 Tablespoon oil
1 bell pepper, chopped [or 1 onion, chopped]
1 lb. chicken
1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
Crock Pot Directions:
Mix together cornstarch and water. Add preserves, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, oil and cornstarch mixture to crock pot and mix together well. Add bell pepper and chicken to crock pot. Cook on low for six hours. Serve over rice and top with cashews.
Stove Top Directions:
Bake chicken. Chop and set aside. [Or, chop and fry until cooked through.] Saute bell pepper and/or chopped onion in oil. Mix together cornstarch and water. In the pan with pepper and onions, add preserves, soy sauce, garlic, ginger. Mix well. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, until thick and bubbly. Add chicken and stir. Serve over rice and top with cashews.
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Apricot Chicken
Labels:
apricot,
bell pepper,
cashews,
chicken,
garlic,
ginger,
jelly,
rice,
slow cooker,
soy sauce
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment