I won a bake-off contest when I brought this dish to a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting a year ago. [We take turns bringing food each meeting, potluck style.] However, when I brought it to a MOPS meeting earlier this month I was not as impressed with it. I think the problem is that it got overshadowed by all of the other sweet and rich dishes we had. I have decided that it is better when served on its own. I like it best when the crepes are hot out of the oven, served with cold raspberry sauce.
Cheesecake Crepes with Raspberry Sauce
Source: The idea came from an old magazine cut-out. It may have been from Good Housekeeping. I use the crepe recipe from my James Beard cookbook. The filling and sauce I made ad lib.
For crepes, see my German Pancakes post.
Filling
Source: Becca
1 egg, beaten
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Beat egg, cream cheese, ricotta cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
Raspberry Sauce
Source: Becca
Heaping cup frozen raspberries, thawed
2/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Combine all ingredients and pour into pan. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat. [I am usually too hurried to strain the sauce to remove the raspberry seeds, but it would probably be better if you did.]
To assemble:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9x13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons filling across center of crepes. Roll up. Place in baking dish. Cover. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through. Spoon sauce over crepes.
Note: I made the crepes and filling the night before. I assembled the crepes with the filling in the morning and made the sauce while they baked in the oven.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment