I came across this recipe a while ago and liked it. I had not heard of the idea before, and I was surprised when I went to Anne's house shortly after trying the recipe. She had done the same thing with fish which she fried. The result was fantastic.
I pulled some boneless pork chops out of the freezer on Monday, not quite knowing what I was going to do with them. I got busy in the afternoon and needed something fast. I had actually told Brett, "Since I'm bathing the dogs this afternoon you won't be getting dinner." He was fine with that. I was helping him out by bathing the dogs, and he could always make himself a sandwich if he had to.
Imagine his surprise when I got the dogs bathed and put a nice dinner on the table! It was so easy and fast. I served the chops with boiled red potatoes (one of Brett's favorite sides) and green beans (out of a can tonight...).
I didn't refer to the recipe this time. I just patted the pork chops dry with a paper towel, spread some Dijon mustard on both sides, covered them in regular bread crumbs, and baked them for a little over 15 minutes at 375 degrees. It doesn't get much easier than that.
Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops
Source: Parenting magazine
1/4 cup bread crumbs
salt and pepper
4 boneless pork loin chops, 1 inch thick
cooking spray
4 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Season the pork chops with more salt and pepper and place the chops on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
3. Spread the tops of each pork chop with 1 teaspoon of the mustard, then sprinkle with the seasoned bread crumbs (pat crumbs gently so they adhere to chops).
4. Bake the chops for 10 minutes, until the crust is golden and the pork is cooked through--it should register 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment