Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad

Cafe Rio is a restaurant well-known in Utah. I have never been, but I hope to someday. I have heard good things about it. I have especially heard good things about their Sweet Pork Salad. My sister-in-law introduced it to me last summer at a family reunion. I enjoyed her copycat recipe.

I was thinking about that meal recently and decided to try it out for myself. I found a website that had a copycat recipe for the Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad. I gave it a try for tonight's dinner. I kind of lost steam by the time it came to all of the "fixings", so I only ended up with about half the layers. Someday I may try to do it all. Maybe.

Tonight I only served the cilantro lime rice, the black beans and the sweet pork. I also added lettuce, tomato, and sour cream to mine. Brett liked the cilantro lime rice, of course (he loves cilantro). He also loved the sweet pork and was impressed by the sauce.

I'm still planning on trying out the original the next time I am in Utah (whenever that will be...). In the meantime, I am sure that I will be making this sweet pork again at home--with or without the salad.

No comments: