I enjoy making both ricotta cheese pancakes and cottage cheese pancakes. Here is another variation I tried yesterday. With my cottage cheese pancakes, I have found that I prefer to blend the cottage cheese smooth. I did not blend the cottage cheese for this recipe, because I figured the sour cream would make it smooth enough. I was right. Bonus: no blending necessary equals an easy recipe.
I like that these and other cheese pancakes add more variety to my breakfast. I also feel good about serving them to kids because of the dairy and extra eggs in the recipe. Kids like them because they are a familiar sight and though different than a typical pancake, they have a pleasant taste. Plus, everything is better with a sweet topping. We served them with jam and powdered sugar, jam and whipped cream, butter and powdered sugar, only powdered sugar, and plain. To each his own.
Blintz Pancakes
Source: Best of Country Breakfast & Brunch Cookbook
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1 cup (8 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
4 eggs, lightly beaten
strawberry or blueberry syrup, optional
sliced fresh strawberries, optional
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; mix well. Add the sour cream, cottage cheese and eggs; mix just until combined.
Spoon 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when edges are set; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and strawberries if desired.
Yield: 12 pancakes.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment