Ryan has been asking me to make popsicles with him since the Spring, but I kept putting him off for one reason or another. Last week, we finally took the opportunity to make some popsicles together. It was such a simple activity and only took minutes to whip up. The hardest part was waiting overnight until they were ready. Although they were pretty, we didn't enjoy the beauty of the popsicles for long before they were consumed. What made them look pretty was the layering of the white and purple layers of yogurt.
I didn't have plain yogurt on hand. We used vanilla yogurt instead and didn't add so much sugar. I also substituted mixed berries for the raspberries. I still put it through a sieve to get rid of the seeds, and was glad that I did that extra step.
A perfect, pretty treat for a hot Florida summer afternoon.
Raspberry-Yogurt Ice Pops
Source: Everyday Food
2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup frozen raspberries 9about 3 ounces)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk yogurt and sugar to combine. In a blender place 1 cup yogurt-sugar mixture (reserve the rest) with raspberries; puree until well blended. Press raspberry mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into another medium bowl (discard solids).
2. Dividing evenly, layer yogurt mixtures in six 3-ounce ice-pop molds. Insert ice-pop sticks, and freeze until solid, 4 to 5 hours. To unmold ice pops, run warm water briefly over the molds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment