I have been doing very well lately about making more meals from whole foods rather than quick and easy, fat-filled and sodium-filled foods like Cream of -- soup. However, there are a few recipes that I have not taken the time to find alternatives for. I love chicken divan, and today I did not feel like taking the time to make my own sauce. Instead, I relied on the recipe I have had since I got married. Yummy, but I felt kind of guilty opening up the can of cream of chicken soup tonight.
I realized that I didn't have any bags of plain frozen broccoli. Instead I had to use a bag of broccoli stir-fry mix, which turned out just as well in my opinion. I only made half a recipe tonight which really didn't leave us leftovers. That's a bad thing in the case of this meal. Brett loves to eat this as leftovers. Rather than simmering the chicken I usually just boil it then cut it up into small pieces.
Chicken Divan
Source: My mom--where she got it I have no clue
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 10-ounce bags frozen broccoli, cooked slightly and drained
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon curry powder [at least!]
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 glass baking dish. Simmer and brown chicken; shred. Place slightly cooked broccoli into baking dish; top with chicken. In medium bowl, combine soup, lemon juice, mayonnaise and curry powder; pour over chicken. Combine cheese and breadcrumbs with melted butter. Sprinkle over chicken mixture. Bake for 30 minutes.
Friday, August 8, 2008
Chicken Divan
Labels:
broccoli,
casserole,
cheese,
chicken,
curry,
dinner,
Mitchell food,
vegetables
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment