I am working on Ryan's birthday cake for his "Friend's Party" this afternoon. Ryan requested a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I loved this chocolate cake the first time I had it when Kathy made it at work. Since then it has been my preferred chocolate cake recipe. I have had much success with it. I am hoping that it still turns out okay this afternoon. I am doing a specialty cake for Ryan (I'll post pictures when I'm done.) and was baking it in a few different-sized pans. It required more attention to check for doneness than what I gave it. I allowed myself to become distracted by a movie last night and let each pan cook longer than I should have. You would think that I would have learned my lesson after the first time, but I continued to overcook the cakes all the way up to the biggest pan. (I had four different sizes in the oven, including mini and regular muffin pans, a mini loaf pan, and a regular loaf pan.) As long as you are using regular-sized pans and follow the cooking times suggested, you should have no problem. Have a glass of milk on hand when you eat this cake. It is chocolately and sweet!
Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake
Source: Hershey's cocoa powder container
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
2. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour into pans.
3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost with "Perfectly Chocolate" chocolate frosting.
Cupcakes: Line 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Fill cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes. Cool; frost. About 30 cupcakes.
"Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Frosting
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
2/3 cup cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Melt butter. Stir in cocoa.
2. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating on medium speed to spreading consistency. Add more milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment