This was a recent dinner-for-breakfast recipe we had. I made bacon for all of us. The boys and I ate it as a side to our waffles. Brett opted to have BLT's. I enjoy waffles, but I often wish I knew what the trick was to making crispy waffles. I have tried making soda waffles before, but they were not significantly crispier. I wonder what the difference would be using a waffle maker that has smaller squares. Ours has big squares, like a Belgian waffle maker. They are still yummy. I don't mind having leftovers because I end up toasting them to get them crispy. This is a waffle recipe that I make fairly often.
Banana Sour Cream Waffles
Source: Procter-Silex Waffle Baker recipe booklet (came with our waffle maker)
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, separated
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 ripe banana, mashed
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a small bowl, beat the egg white with a whisk until light peaks form. Add egg yolk, sour cream, milk, butter, and banana to the flour mixture and mix well. Fold in the whipped egg white. Pour batter onto the waffle baker. Makes 3 cups batter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment