This was Sunday night's dinner. I needed something easy (since I had spent most of the afternoon finishing a book and wasn't in the mood to spend much time in the kitchen). I also needed something that did not require fresh vegetables, since I don't have much in the fridge right now. This was perfect, because it required little prep, little cleanup, and frozen peas. My boys like peas, so I almost always have some in the freezer. Thanks to some pre-trimmed chicken breasts I had ready in the freezer, this recipe was just the no-brainer that I was looking for.
Unfortunately, we did not have "real" shredded Parmesan cheese and had to use Kraft grated Parmesan in its place. The meal suffered as a result. I recommend sticking to the good cheese. Brett would have liked me to add more broth and rice, but I would have needed to use a bigger frying pan to accommodate that much more.
Creamy Parmesan Chicken and Rice
Source: meals.com
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 1/2 cups converted-style rice
29 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
Heat oil in medium skillet. Add chicken; cook over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until light brown. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Add garlic and cook briefly. Stir in rice and chicken broth; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and peas. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and grated Parmesan before serving, if desired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment