Here's another one of those pot luck recipes. I have never made it before, but have eaten it a number of times. I saw that even Paula Deen has a recipe very similar to this. I refered to hers and the one in my cookbook. I didn't have everything on hand that I needed, so I just made do with what I did have.
Taco Soup
Source: Cookin' for a Cure (A Collection of Recipes for the American Cancer Society "Relay For Life" 2002, Newport News, VA--don't you love it!)
1 pound hamburger
1 15.5 oz. can pinto beans
1 15.5 ounce can whole kernel corn
1 14.5 can green beans
1 15 oz. can ranch beans
1 14.5 can stewed tomatoes
1 12 oz. can beer or another can stewed tomatoes
1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 1/4 oz. env. taco seasoning mix
1 1 oz. env. rach style dressing mix
corn tortilla chips
Brown hamburger. Drain and rinse pinto beans, corn and green beans, but NOT ranch beans. Mix all beans, corn, tomatoes, tomatoes and green chilies, taco seasoning, and ranch style dressing together with hamburger meat. Simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with chips.
[Note: I sauteed and onion with the hamburger. I left out the green beans because that seemed to weird to me. I used one can each of kidney beans and black beans, one can of corn, two cans of diced tomatoes, and one can of Rotel tomatoes, and both seasoning mixes. I served my soup with grated cheese and sour cream, of course. Brett ate his like nachos.]
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment