I made these biscuits last Sunday for breakfast. I have made them a number of times. They are tasty, especially with the glaze. Unfortunately, I ran out of time to make the glaze before we had to leave for church. I was going to make a glaze for the rest of the biscuits when I came home, but we ended up eating them all before I got around to doing it. This recipe makes quite a few biscuits. It says that it makes a dozen, but I usually end up making about 18. Obviously, I like to make my biscuits a little smaller than they do.
Blueberry Biscuits
Source: The Friend magazine
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 carton (8 oz.) blueberry yogurt
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
1 cup frozen blueberries
Glaze:
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg, then stir in the yogurt and butter or margarine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened and crumbly. Gently fold in the blueberries.
3. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough 2" apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Mix the glaze ingredients together and drizzle over the warm biscuits.
Makes 1 dozen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment